Re: [ga] US Government gets C- Grade on Security for 2006 Note: DOC recieved another F = failing grade

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] US Government gets C- Grade on Security for 2006 Note: DOC recieved another F = failing grade
  • From: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:39:06 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jeff,

I wonder how much the Sony rootkits weighed down the security ratings. As
some of you may recall, an overly zealous Sony distributed DRM rootkits with
several dozen music CD titles. When these CDs were played on a M$ based
computer, they would trigger an auto-install of a DRM backdoor that operated
in stealth mode behind the Windows OS. Anyone who had unknowingly installed
the DRM had a security hole in their computer. This means that any
government employee with an infected computer, that was connected to the
Internet and the government's network, compromised the security of the
entire government network.

Sincerely,
Ted
Prophet Partners Inc.