Re: [ga] Sub lists, alternate sites, seperate mailing lists etc etc

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Sub lists, alternate sites, seperate mailing lists etc etc
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:46:13 -0700
  • Cc: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker and all,

  I agree that separate mailing lists for each WG is preferable.
However
that is not feasible in any reasonable amount of time if we are to get
busy.  Hence for now, sub lists here on this GA lists seem more
appropriate and is reasonably functional as you originally suggested.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>   All,
>
>   Arguments are well in place. It would appear that of those that
> care, seperate lists are desired for WGs.
>
>   ICANN is of no help to us in this regard. Although I will continue
> to push - Next stop Kieren.
>
>   Let us move forward. Please mention someone to be a foreperson of
> the different groups. Some of this can be done privately, with a
> coming out party when the time is right.
>   The groups can begin here and then as they are formed move elsewhere
> as they see fit.
>   This way we get a good look at the start and by getting together
> they can resolve the list issues to there mutual dissatisfaction (the
> nature of compromise and consensus)
>
>   Position papers can be drawn up and then submitted here for voice
> approval. Keep in mind we can always lay out minority views. I am
> afraid that this is a bit like making sausage, the process may seem a
> bit rough at times but the end product is presentable - at least to a
> sausage eaters.
>
>   Please give me further suggestions regarding the list issues.
>
>   Eric

Jeffrey A. William's
   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827