[ga] [RAA] Call to Order.

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] [RAA] Call to Order.
  • From: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:57:12 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

I was incommunicado for the past week as I was out of town visiting friends.

As for the WG-RAA, I think it is as good (if not better) a place to start
as any.

With the Chair's approval, I would like to call this discussion to order.
As Joop suggested, we can post to the list on the subject using [RAA] in
the subject field to ensure that we are on the same thread of discussion.
Please keep posts substantive.

First off, I would like to propose that we sub-divide our task into
portions based on questions that relate to the existing RAA.  We can get
to alternatives schemas or other recommendations for an RAA later.  So,
how about we begin by pointing out and discussing the deficiencies of the
existing RAA, i.e. what (in the existing RAA) we think is out of touch
with  the realities of the DNS as we understand it.  As far as I know, the
copy of the RAA at http://www.icann.org/nsi/icann-raa-04nov99.htm is the
most current version, if anyone has not read it entirely or needs a
refresher, please take the time to familiarize yourselves with it.
***When posting to this sublist, please ensure that you use [RAA] in the
subject field.

Note: As for the discussion of whether we need another mailing list or
not, I am neither hot nor cold about it at this stage, let's see if we can
get some work under our belts hereon before we go and segregate the
discussion.

Sotiris Sotiropoulos