Re: [ga] List appropriate for WG's

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List appropriate for WG's
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 03:01:48 -0700
  • Cc: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Joe Baptista - New <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker and all,

  I believe these set of rules are reasonably appropriate.  I also
will be happy to have the fine wisdom of Dr. Babtista as list
monitor if he is willing to serve.  I also hope he will again
participate with his own ideas as well.  Welcome back Dr. Joe.

  Dr. Dierker has ask me to chair the Whois WG and I accept.
I would like for all posts specific to Whois issues to have in
the subject line [Whois].   I look forward to lively debate, and
ideas from all...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    Let me begin with; everything here must remain open and
> transparent.
>   1. discussions and WG work should remain on this list for everyone
> to see.
>   2. No issues should be substantively discussed or resolved off this
> list
>   3. We should adhere to the 5 posts a day rule. With the penalty, as
> such: being noted, scorn and ridicule and general dislike. Recognizing
> there are valid exceptions to the rule. Most assuredly the peoples'
> business and WGs. We have come to know each other over the years and
> all posess the ability to mentally filter. (I know there are those who
> are confounded by my posts and only read them when they are attached
> to a later post - that is appropriate)
>   4. The Peoples' Business. I am the poorly elect chair. My mandate is
> weak at best. We will still move forward. I post sometimes to moderate
> or facilitate. But I also many times do this off list. Chastisemant or
> cheerleading or cajoling to act. I am open to critical suggestions
> along this line. I recognize that now I must be careful to delineate
> between the chair position and my own position and I must keep things
> open and transparent.
>   Wise friends are requested to write to me to suggest the appropriate
> balances
>   5. Let us censor nothing as a body politik. From Andy to Danny we
> need the variables of open comment and the mere fact that one cannot
> conform to American censorship values should not effect the validity
> of coherent thought. Wince when you may but please let freedom of
> speech reign.
>   6. Vile and Nasty and provactive attacks on a person rather than her
> written thought should be viewed with suspicion. We must alway look to
> the speaker as to why vitriolic tyrades are there.
>
>   In this light I am ccing Joe Babtista to be our list monitor.
>   Dr. Joe we ask you to serve in this capacity with no authority,
> except your persuasiveness.
>

> Those are my thoughts please let me know your own.
>
>   Eric
>   Chair

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827