[ga] List appropriate

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] List appropriate
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:25:51 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Let me begin with; everything here must remain open and transparent.
  1. discussions and WG work should remain on this list for everyone to see.
  2. No issues should be substantively discussed or resolved off this list
  3. We should adhere to the 5 posts a day rule. With the penalty, as such: being noted, scorn and ridicule and general dislike. Recognizing there are valid exceptions to the rule. Most assuredly the peoples' business and WGs. We have come to know each other over the years and all posess the ability to mentally filter. (I know there are those who are confounded by my posts and only read them when they are attached to a later post - that is appropriate)
  4. The Peoples' Business. I am the poorly elect chair. My mandate is weak at best. We will still move forward. I post sometimes to moderate or facilitate. But I also many times do this off list. Chastisemant or cheerleading or cajoling to act. I am open to critical suggestions along this line. I recognize that now I must be careful to delineate between the chair position and my own position and I must keep things open and transparent.
  Wise friends are requested to write to me to suggest the appropriate balances
  5. Let us censor nothing as a body politik. From Andy to Danny we need the variables of open comment and the mere fact that one cannot conform to American censorship values should not effect the validity of coherent thought. Wince when you may but please let freedom of speech reign.
  6. Vile and Nasty and provactive attacks on a person rather than her written thought should be viewed with suspicion. We must alway look to the speaker as to why vitriolic tyrades are there.

  In this light I am ccing Joe Babtista to be our list monitor.
  Dr. Joe we ask you to serve in this capacity with no authority, except your persuasiveness.

Those are my thoughts please let me know your own.

  Eric
  Chair

Need Mail bonding?