From: Danny Younger [mailto:dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 1:56 PM
To: Nevett, Jonathon; Gomes, Chuck; Bashar Al-Abdulhadi
Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; stacy.burnette@xxxxxxxxx; halloran@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ga] keeping expired domains by a registrar

Dear Stacy Burnette,

In your capacity as ICANN's Director of Contractual
Compliance, I would appreciate a formal determination
as to whether the "direct transfer clauses" in most
registrar Terms of Service agreements stand in
violation of ICANN's Expired Domain Deletion Policy --
please note the correspondence below for a further
explication of the issue.

I have copied this correspondence also to Deputy
General Counsel Dan Halloran.  I look forward to
clarification of this issue from ICANN staff.

Thank you for your attention to this matter,
Danny Younger

--- "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>