Re: [ga] RE: Registrants Constituency

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: Registrants Constituency
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 12:02:00 -0800
  • Cc: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Karl Auerbach'" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all,

  Again, transparency is not and largely has not been a strong
suit of ICANN.  Expecting openness and transparency
from the "Board Governance Committee" seems less
than forthcoming...  Of course, this lack of openness
and transparency again demonstrated by a Public
Benefit Corporation is not expectable in any reasonable
sense...

  Personally, I find such behavior by ICANN reprehensible
at a minimum.

Danny Younger wrote:

> Roberto,
>
> What you haven't told us is whether at the moment the
> Board is amenable to the establishment of a
> registrant's constituency or not...
>
> At least the prior ICANN Reform process had the ERC
> posting their positions and obtaining feedback from
> the process.  The current reform initiative as managed
> by the Board Governance Committee is subtantially less
> transparent.
>
> Danny
>
> --- Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I imagine that yours is a rhetoric questions, but I
> > will answer anyhow.
> >
> > The matter is indeed on the table as part of the
> > GNSO review.
> > The decision of the Board will be according to the
> > will of the majority of
> > the Directors.
> >
> > Did I really tell you something you did not know?
> > ;>)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Roberto

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827