Re: [ga] Gaming the ICANN Whois Data Reminder Policy

  • To: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Gaming the ICANN Whois Data Reminder Policy
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1981 10:04:19 -0800
  • Cc: ga the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Andy and all,

  Your quite right on all counts here.  Of course many of us argued
very intently when the Registrars agreements were being developed
and again when they were being revised regarding this sort of
bad practice/Policy.  As I recall the registrars were more concerned
as to how to deal with abandon domain names as an excuse and/or
justification for this than and now obviously flawed and damaging
practice/Policy..

  This also yet again shows that ICANN has little regard
for registrants...