Re: [ga] Registerfly & Data Escrow

Karland all,

  With all due respect, I don't think it is a wise idea to let ICANN
off the hook regarding Data Escrow or any other aspect of
registry or registrar behavior towards registrants...  To allow
such would be to invite fraud and/or identity theft.  Such would
not be in the best public interest...

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> Nevett, Jonathon wrote:
> > Dominik:
> >
> > Independent evaluations would be a good starting point.  For example,
> > after an exhaustive evaluation, JD Power & Associates has certified
> > Network Solutions' customer service for a second consecutive year:
>
> Before and during my term on the board I suggested that ICANN require
> every registry and registrar to once a year have an independent auditor
> publish a statement attesting whether the registry or registrar has
> adequate business asset protection plans and practices sufficient to
> allow a successor in interest to resurrect the business, particularly
> the name registrations, should the registry or registrar stumble or fail
> due to business failures or natural or human disasters.
>
> That would get ICANN out of the loop as an archive provider and would
> give registries and registrars flexibility about how they ensure that
> the registrations assets are survivable.
>
>                 --karl--

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827