Re: [ga] Registerfly & Data Escrow

Nevett, Jonathon wrote:
Dominik:

Independent evaluations would be a good starting point. For example,
after an exhaustive evaluation, JD Power & Associates has certified
Network Solutions' customer service for a second consecutive year:

Before and during my term on the board I suggested that ICANN require every registry and registrar to once a year have an independent auditor publish a statement attesting whether the registry or registrar has adequate business asset protection plans and practices sufficient to allow a successor in interest to resurrect the business, particularly the name registrations, should the registry or registrar stumble or fail due to business failures or natural or human disasters.

That would get ICANN out of the loop as an archive provider and would give registries and registrars flexibility about how they ensure that the registrations assets are survivable.

		--karl--