Re: [ga] Registerfly & Data Escrow

Jonathon and all,

  The stick must be large, menacing, and at the ready, before
the carrot will become or be palatable...  Or to put it another
way, "spare the rod, spoil the registrar or registry", as the
case may be...

Nevett, Jonathon wrote:

> Dominik:
>
> Independent evaluations would be a good starting point.  For example,
> after an exhaustive evaluation, JD Power & Associates has certified
> Network Solutions' customer service for a second consecutive year:
>
> http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/pressrelease.aspx?ID=2007014
>
> I have suggested to ICANN that it engage in a similar kind of exercise
> recognizing reputable registrars that meet certain standards.  Perhaps
> the carrot approach could work hand-in-hand with the compliance stick.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jon
> Vice President, Network Solutions
> Chair, ICANN Registrar Constituency

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827