Re: [ga] Let us try consensus/next vote?

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Let us try consensus/next vote?
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 23:23:49 -0800
  • Cc: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker and all,

  I shall respond in line below Dr. Dierkers remarks/suggestions...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    I suggest we just call for a show of hands as to what people want
> to elect a person(s) for.

Agreed.

>   I obviously am for the co-chairs with a 6 month term and they will
> also be representatives when directed to be, with their mandate to
> organize us more fully and draw up some operating rules.

Agreed, except a one year term seems better to me...  Definitely
co-chairs.

>   This is my position. However I might be moved to a different
> position and will certainly support other concepts if support is shown
> for them.
>
>   I believe that a duo of equal value will help in the area of
> consensus and prevent unilateral decision making. If the two can agree
> as to what a consensus is or that there are differing supported
> positions then they can move forward on that basis. If between them
> they cannot agree then they would be free to promote divergent views -
> which would probably be competing views within the GA.

Yes.  In fact I believe we will have divergent and/or competing
views within the GA.  And this would be healthy.  It would also
be healthy if the co-chairs would pose resolution questions to
the members on the GA list here, and than members can comment,
and or offer support or non support by voting in regards to
issues as well as procedures, ect.  Is this in line with what you
have in mine Dr. Dierker?

>   Of course using votes of confidence and no confidence should be
> incorporated so we can control wayward souls.

Yes as long as this does not get too frequent...

>   Eric

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827