[ga] Let us try consensus/next vote?

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Let us try consensus/next vote?
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 07:34:42 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I suggest we just call for a show of hands as to what people want to elect a person(s) for.

  I obviously am for the co-chairs with a 6 month term and they will also be representatives when directed to be, with their mandate to organize us more fully and draw up some operating rules.

  This is my position. However I might be moved to a different position and will certainly support other concepts if support is shown for them.

  I believe that a duo of equal value will help in the area of consensus and prevent unilateral decision making. If the two can agree as to what a consensus is or that there are differing supported positions then they can move forward on that basis. If between them they cannot agree then they would be free to promote divergent views - which would probably be competing views within the GA.
  Of course using votes of confidence and no confidence should be incorporated so we can control wayward souls.

  Eric

Looking for earth-friendly autos?