Re: [ga] Vote

At 05:16 a.m. 5/02/2007, Hugh Dierker wrote:
I hate to be a pain but sometimes wording means something. You cannot have a chair and a co-chair, perhaps the word being looked for is vice chair.

Quite right. Vice chair (or backup chair) is that we are talking about.

Representative is and adjective indicating someone who goes out on behalf of other(s). Obviously a chairman of a group is a representative of that group.

Not necessarily. A Chair can perform the function of providing debating order without being representative of the (majority) opinion. In fact , a chair is more effective when he isn't representative of anything.

It would only be up to that group to set forth the degree of representativeness in general or specific.

Better to separate the roles of spokespersons from the chairing function.

The aforementioned illustrates the need to not take these matters off list and to handle them in a consensus manner prior to voting. The voting booth was a one nonelected man endeavor which was nice of him to do but only proved the impropriety of doing it that way. Let us do the continuing work to be done here. The fact that people signed up but did not vote is even more reason to do it here.

When you mean holding the election itself, I 'm afraid you still need a means of voting anonymously.

-joop-