[ga] Re: is ICANN or is ICANN not?

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 01:19:15AM +0100,
 Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 29 lines which said:

> The ISO MA had no clue of what were the potential problems
> downstream due to the usage of the standard.

This tells a lot about ISO if they were not aware that the Internet
exists...

> On the original issue, i.e. should .su be decommissioned, I do
> believe that the answer is yes, but there is a huge problem of the
> existing users. We will see what comes out from the public forum,
> closing today (2007-01-31).

I see three categories of answers:

* a lot of protests from russians, asking for ICANN not to remove
".su". Most are not very well articulated (may be those in russian are
better, I've read only those in english) and may be the result of
copy-and-paste.

* a very small number of requests to delete ".su", in the name of ISO
3166 consistency.

* at least two answers (AFNIC's and Nominet's) saying "What's the
problem with .su and why is it an emergency to delete it?"