Re: [ga] XXX

  • To: "Hugh Dierker" <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, "ga" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] XXX
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:22:26 -0500
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It was always a ridiculous proposal in the first place.

1. Those who have porn websites on dot com domain names are not about to give them up. They have spent millions branding their domains, getting search engine saturation, link popularity, etc.
2. If they were forced to move, the lawsuits would be huge to recover damages to their legal businesses.
3. XXX will not increase or decrease the amount of porn on the web. it will just make money for the registries and registrars who sell more domain names by telling people how extremely valuable they will be. The domainers will rush in and snap them up.

Chris McElroy aka NameCritic
http://www.articlecontentprovider.com