[ga] Voter registration numbers

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Voter registration numbers
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:30:38 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If the entire GA is notified over a reasonable period of time with a reasonable method then it really does not matter if only 8 register and vote. Many people love to contribute and watch and criticize but don't want to vote.  It would be presumed that any elected representatives would be there to repeat the consensus reached or not reached here and in some cases advocate for change or status quo. Whether or not someone with a good idea votes or not is irrelevant.
  It seems to me that here on the GA we deal with the worth of the concept not the procedure that was used to achieve the concept.

  With that said the rest of the world is more inclined to support ideas that have a larger active constituency vote. Clearly there is more credence given to a group where hundreds of people actively participate than one where only a handfull participate.

  It think it would do us well if many more of you signed up to vote on this most easy issue.
  Should we vote for and therefor have representation to the outside world? Obviously the inverse is the negative; Should we remain self enclosed with no voice in outside matters?

  Eric