Re: [ga] RE: Whois more in detail

Quoting JFC Morfin on Saturday January 13, 2007:

| This is very unjust of you to write. My reading was the most
| conservative one possible that could ever come from a quote like this:
| - Question: "Are you suggesting ICANN has knowledge to the contrary,
| please give specific examples?"
| - Your answer: "We're generally in touch with NTIA every other day or
| so. They are fully informed of our work in this area. They, like
| everyone else, are interested in IANA policies and procedures being
| clear, well documented, and transparent. One of the reasons we're
| undertaking this consultation is to help us clarify and document our
| policies and procedures.

"in this area" refers to the topic that was under discussion on that
mailing list, which was retiring ccTLDs for countries that no longer
exist, and was clearly never a claim relating to all of ICANN's work.

There appears to be no point rationalising with you. You're the only
one that doesn't seem to comprehend the context of that conversation.
Again, this was a discussion on another list about a specific topic, and
your citation is incorrect. To suggest that the most conservative way to
intepret my comments is that they apply to all of ICANN is, to be frank,
crazy.

In respect for the GA list members' time, I'll leave it at that. I just
wanted to correct the record on what you're falsely attributing to me.

kim