[ga] Should the GA hold elections?

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Should the GA hold elections?
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:02:55 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am going to write a simple email next calling for a simple yes or no. There a myiad of reasons why the GA should have some type of outside voice.  There are many good people who can give advice and council to whomever is to be that voice.  The GA is powerful not because of weight of numbers and not because of some decree from somewhere on high.
  But it is a powerful voice because of its combined intellect and passion.

  All details shall be hashed out later, matters such as co-chair or ombudsman or spokesperson,  Membership is differing orgs such as at larges and task forces shall be continuously debated. And oh yes much to my chagrin the process of elections will be nauseating at best.

  But for now all I want is a ya or na on whether we should have elections.

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.