Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

Veni and all,

  There is nothing in this decision that benefits a single registrant
and/or
user. There is nearly everything in this decision that benefits
Registries
and registrars, some commercial special interests groups and the
ICANN treasury as well as BoD members pocket books.  Hence
your statement is fallacious as stated.

Veni Markovski wrote:

> At 12:02 PM 08.12.2006 '?.'  -0800, Karl Auerbach wrote:
> >kidsearch wrote:
> >>basically it means that we don't want to wait until anyone tells us
> >>what they think should happen because those who sit on the ICANN
> >>BoD know what is best for the rest of us peons.
> >
> >When I was on the board I realized that I was making choices on
> >behalf of about 335,000,000 people.  It is necessary in such
> >circumstances to make choices about what is best.  That takes a bit
> >of chutzpah, but it's part of the job.
> >
> >One the other hand, I, like Veni, and now Roberto, did interact with
> >internet users, and thus had at least some notion of where we should
> >be going. Unfortunately many, indeed most, board members seem afraid
> >of that kind of thing.
>
> I disagree it's because they are afraid.
> I don't care that much what people would write [about me] here, as I
> am neither a potlician, nor a showman, so I'm not here for the
> ratings, or my image. But many people don't want to waste their time
> and all they can get here, is being blamed.
> Regardless of that, I've always tried to listen to the different
> voices. It's also a documented fact that I was asking people to come
> and talk to me way back, in 2003, and 2004. Whoever wanted, could
> approach me and talk to me. I don't remember turning down anyone from
> the ICANN community.
>
> However, what you say in the beginning is more important. When the
> people here understand that on one hand you have to think about the 1
> Bln users, and on the other - about all the different interests.
>
> veni

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827