Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

kidsearch wrote:
basically it means that we don't want to wait until anyone tells us what they think should happen because those who sit on the ICANN BoD know what is best for the rest of us peons.

When I was on the board I realized that I was making choices on behalf of about 335,000,000 people. It is necessary in such circumstances to make choices about what is best. That takes a bit of chutzpah, but it's part of the job.

One the other hand, I, like Veni, and now Roberto, did interact with internet users, and thus had at least some notion of where we should be going. Unfortunately many, indeed most, board members seem afraid of that kind of thing.

		--karl--