RE: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:44:46 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

--- sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> It means that for ICANN's ivory tower 'civil society' insider's
> crowd, ANY
> PRETEXT even if it makes no REAL sense and especially if it does NOT
> serve
> the wider public interest is a good enough reason to do as they
> please.
>
> NO SURPRISES HERE!

Indeed, this vote demonstrates how out of touch ICANN is with the needs
of registrants. Registries get presumptive renewal at escalating
prices, perhaps even differential prices later, whereas registrants
can't even renew their domains for more than 10 years, to get their own
certainty. This is a clear pro-registry and anti-logic Board. They
should all be ashamed of themselves, every single one of them.

ICANN has essentially declared war on consumers, and hopefully
registrants will rise up, either through the courts or through their
leaders, to reverse these anti-competitive contracts.

I hope people will also think twice in going to ICANN meetings and
funding other events that give legitimacy to this illegitimate and
unrepresentative operation. The words "bottom up consensus driven" have
no meaning to them.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/