Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0
  • From: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 14:22:51 -0500
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi George,

Speaking of war, it is ironic that ICANN's decision comes on the 65th
anniversary of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's famous speech to Congress.
On December 8, 1941, the day after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, FDR
addressed the members of Congress and asked them to declare war on Japan.
http://pearlharborattacked.com

>>> " It will be recorded that the distance of Hawaii from Japan makes it
obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks
ago. During the intervening time the Japanese Government had deliberately
sought to deceive the United States by false statements and expressions of
hope for continued peace. "

Hmmm, "false statements and expressions of hope" sounds like the propaganda
that ICANN has been spreading about adhering to a bottom-up consensus policy
that reflects the best interests of the public.

>>> "I believe I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I
assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make
very certain that this form of treachery shall never endanger us again."

>>> "Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people,
our territory, and our interests are in grave danger."

As Lord Acton warned, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts
absolutely.". ICANN has proven time and time again that they do not have the
best interests of domain registrants in mind. It is almost certain that the
registries will negotiate additional perks from ICANN in the future, at the
expense of domain registrants. ICANN's growing abuse of power needs to come
to an end by whatever means necessary, whether it be through the DOC, the
DOJ or class action lawsuits.

Sincerely,
Ted
Prophet Partners Inc.