Re: [ga] News from Sao Paulo

Dominik Filipp wrote:
I've just read up some articles over the Paul Tahura's concept of class
II domain names

I have a similar mechanism in the .ewe TLD (ah, will it ever be visible in the NTIA/ICANN/Verisign root? Will I ever finish the code? ;-)

Anyway, what I have is this: I have separated out the notion of having a name from whether that name is published into the zone file or not.

Thus, a person may acquire a name in .ewe but may refrain from having it put into the zone file. There are explicit transactions to cause the name to be published (or un-published) from the zone file.

This allows a name owner to have more control over when the name is visible to the net and when it is not. (It also creates another kind of transaction for those TLDs, such as .ewe, that obtain revenue through transactions rather than yearly rent.)

		--karl--