[ga] New gTLDs consensus process at ICANNwiki

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] New gTLDs consensus process at ICANNwiki
  • From: "Ted Ernst" <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:47:46 -0600
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is my first post on this list.  I'm writing about the consensus process
going on now at ICANNwiki:

http://www.icannwiki.org/Consensus:New_gTLDs

Just so everyone knows, the process is broken into 3 stages.  The first
stage is just to come to agreement on the framing.  Right now the framing
says:

What should ICANN policy with respect to new gTLDs be?

I see Danny Younger and Chris McElroy aka NameCritic from this list are both
listed as participants with a status of "Not Yet."  Could the two of you let
us know either on the list or on the wiki page what your concerns are with
that framing?

And anyone else that would like to participate is warmly welcomed to do so.
Please put your name and YES or NOT YET as your status.

Thanks much!

Ted Ernst
Chicago, USA

-- Humanize the Earth! http://tedernst.com Open more space! http://www.openspaceworld.org Need help doing something? http://chicagoconservationcorps.org/blog/ Housing Co-ops in Chicago: http://www.chicagocoop.net skype: TedErnst jabber: tedernst@xxxxxxxxx