Re: [ga] A Question

Hi Karl,

The reason why you should use "taster" is because they represent a tiny
minority of the larger category called "speculators". Domain registrants
abusing the AGP are only a small number of domain speculators. Likewise,
"cybersquatters" are those with a pattern of intentionally registering and
using domains in ways that violate trademark rights. They also represent
only a small number of domain speculators. Broadly blaming all speculators
for AGP or cybersquatting is wrong and is the equivalent of branding all
married men as evil because there are a few men who beat their wives.

Speculators serve a legitimate purpose in all types of markets, including
but not limited to equities, debt instruments, commodity futures, currencies
and real estate. Simply put, speculators assume substantial market risk,
create market liquidity and add market stability; in exchange for an
opportunity to reap substantial financial rewards. Like many other
speculators in the domain field, we do not participate in AGP or
cybersquatting. We pay for our domains for the full registration term and
use them legitimately just like you, the other people participating in these
discussions and the vast majority of other domain registrants.

We're all for abolishing the AGP and instituting registry pricing policies
that are based on cost and performance.

Sincerely,
Ted
Prophet Partners Inc.