Re: [ga] Isn't this special

Danny,
interesting observation!

At 07:24 PM 12.10.2006 '?.' -0700, Danny Younger wrote:
Eric,

at the very least this service will serve to
illustrate that ICANN needs to lower the financial
requirement to become an ICANN-accredited registrar in
developing countries.

The current one-size-fits-all approach to
accreditation has resulted in a very limited number of
accredited registrars from the developing world.

Do you have statistic data about the number of accredited registrars from developing countries? I think it's important to have such registrars, and your point about the money makes sense. At the same time, I know that private companies become distributors/agents/dealers for registrars and thus they manage to register quite a lot of domains. Yet, having a registrar would help local businesses in a number of ways.

Sincerely,
Veni Markovski
http://www.veni.com

check also my blog: