[ga] ridiculous

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] ridiculous
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:23:54 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The below article printed in full and floating on AP wires lays it out. Who does ICANN think they are deciding such issues? But a better question is -- What in the hell is Tralliance doing asking ICANN? They have nothing to do with competitive edge issues.
  I also like the term search service. We used to call them engines.

    Search Service Proposed for `.travel'      By ANICK JESDANUN
The Associated Press
Tuesday, September 19, 2006; 6:00 PM       NEW YORK -- Operators of the ".travel" domain name are proposing a new search service to help guide people who mistype Web addresses or seek nonexistent ones, reviving a debate over how much control such organizations should have in directing Internet traffic.
  One review panel already has recommended that the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers reject Tralliance Corp.'s proposal for "search.travel," saying it appears no different from the Site Finder service that VeriSign Inc. had introduced for ".com" and ".net" and withdrew under pressure.

    QUIZ

>From which country were two men convicted in connection with the "Zotob" computer worm?
A. Morocco
B. Turkey
C. Nigeria
D. Spain

? Test Your Knowledge -- More Questions

    washingtonpost.com Video Mash-Up       Readers have the opportunity to create their own interview clips opposite Post political reporter Dana Milbank. We provide the questions, you provide the answers!

   Create Your Own Mash-Up

    Partnership       Resources for anyone who runs a small business or wants to start one.
  ? Starting a Business
? Talking with Disabled Employees About Reasonable Accommodations
? Mortgage Loan Preapproval
? Finding an SBA Office and SBA Lenders Near You Small Business on the Net
 &#8226; Home-Based Businesses -->
  » FULL COVERAGE

       var technorati = new Technorati() ; technorati.setProperty('url','http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/19/AR2006091901022_Technorati.html') ; technorati.article = new item('Search Service Proposed for `.travel\'','http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/19/AR2006091901022.html','NEW YORK -- Operators of the ".travel" domain name are proposing a new search service to help guide people who mistype Web addresses or seek nonexistent ones, reviving a debate over how much control such organizations should have in directing Internet traffic.','ANICK JESDANUN') ;