Re: [correction] Re: [ga] sitefinder is back?

  • To: Martin Hannigan <hannigan@xxxxxxxxxxx>, kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [correction] Re: [ga] sitefinder is back?
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:42:07 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Martin,

  Please fill me in on the difference between your two conceptual phrases. I like them. I would suggest a third - critical service edge. I certainly do not believe that anything other than supply and demand economics "govern" anything to do with the Internet.
  Perhaps you would find reading the initial MOU with ICANN and the USA gov. It really lays out supply side economics. This brings us back to what is referred to as Sitefinder, not using such critical service provider tools is dumb. And of course they are used throughout the industry without any notable interference from ICANN.

  ICANN can play with it if they want but whoever uses such terms and programs will just work around ICANN. It is in the MOU that such concepts be supported not diluted.

  As for any direct or indirect libel against your integrity, i certainly apologize for any offense actual or perceived. I tend to see comments and not people.

  Dr. Eric Hugh Dierker

Martin Hannigan <hannigan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  At 11:37 PM 9/19/2006, Hugh Dierker wrote:
>So when and where did sitefinder go - that they came back?
>They have been there all along. Is this surprising?

Hugh:

Do you understand the difference between critical
infrastructure and the service provider edge? You seem
to infer that I am incorrect in my assertion that the
network and service provider border and core are not
governed by ICANN.

I'd like to see something to the contrary so I can form
a better, or worse for some, opinion.

-M<

--