Re: [ga] LSE Report and 3 "superconstituencies", and broader participation

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] LSE Report and 3 "superconstituencies", and broader participation
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:54:09 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

--- kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For me that makes it even tougher for proper representation. Don't
> believe the BC represents small business owners at all and neither

There are members of the BC like the International Chamber of Commerce,
MEDEF and WITSA that are associations of companies that include small
and medium-sized companies:

http://www.bizconst.org/members.htm

My own company has only 1 employee (me!), and even though it counts as
a Category 1 company for BC membership purposes (and for voting/fees)
due to its success, I know where my roots are, and so do some of the
others in the BC. For Euro 250/yr, smaller companies can join as
"microenterprises". I'd like to see the BC be 10x larger through
outreach, so that fee could be 1/10th the size (I don't think the costs
would scale linearly with membership numbers).

I think, from what I've seen, the BC does a good job of representing
all business types, and doesn't seek out anything that jeopardizes
small companies to favour larger ones. Indeed, what's good for small
companies is often good for bigger companies too. There are more
similarities between small businesses and larger businesses than there
are between businesses in general and registry operators, for example,
when it comes to ICANN policies.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/