Re: [ga] LSE Report and 3 "superconstituencies", and broader participation

  • To: "George Kirikos" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] LSE Report and 3 "superconstituencies", and broader participation
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 23:44:20 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

However, the IP constituency is heavily weighted toward large businesses
because naturally they own more Intellectual Property than small business
owners. So large companies are in the BC, represented again in the IPC,
registries, which by the way are large companies for the most part due to
exhorbitant ICANN fees for applying to be one, give businesses yet another
place to be represented, and ISPs again, mostly large businesses as well.
And while there are similarities between large and small business there is
much more representation of large business all around throughout the
constituencies.

I'm rambling. It's late, but you get the idea I hope. It is not in the best
interest of larger businesses to have more competition from smaller
businesses so there are no real similarities. If you look to big business to
foster competition, then it will never happen. The only people who want
competition are those who are not currently doing as well as their
competition. Small business owners want to become big business owners and
compete. large business owners want the opposite. It's human nature.