[ga] dotcommoners

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] dotcommoners
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Picture three scenarios that can be repeated in So. America, Africa and Northern Scandinavia. 1. A family lives in highlands of Ireland. The two children do more corresponce learning than getting to the school, a rugged trek to the lowlands. They use the Internet. 2. A Navajo sheepherder gets his weather through his daughter on the net and learns the best time to pick his corn and bring the sheep down from the High Mesa. 3. My shoeshine boy in Ho Chi Minh City must work the day but for a few dong learns at night about the world in an Internet cafe'.

  Am I wrong to call them Stakeholders. With no inclination to join a group. With nothing in common with a domain reseller with even only 10 employees. But they still have to find the namespace with what they need. These are Stakeholders. Mr. London Economists has no clue and even disdain for these people. While they may not be my people, i am theirs. But no one can speak for them. They must have the opportunity to speak for themselves.

  It is critical that we dedicate some space in the GNSO for these people. I have never owned a namespace. But my life is affected, effected and infected by those who do.
  All my children and all my siblings are around the world more than at home. We use the internet to learn and to communicate. We have morals, good or bad, and our opinions are important.

  Please take a moment to write your BoD members and members of the USA gov. DoC to remind them the ultimate stakeholders are the children of the dotcommoner.
  Please do this in a generous and respectful manner, just educate and market the idea of dotcommoner representation. We have no rights we have only persuasion.