RE: [ga] [Fwd: [address-policy-wg] ICANN Ratifies Global Policy for Allocation of IPv6 Address Space]

  • To: "'General Assembly of the DNSO'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] [Fwd: [address-policy-wg] ICANN Ratifies Global Policy for Allocation of IPv6 Address Space]
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:24:48 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris,

As I tried to articulate earlier, all it takes is one over the top post
to undermine a hundred otherwise valid comments. I tried to gently raise
this issue in connection with a previous post by George where he talked
about firing all the senior staff at the next Board retreat.

Although I did not always agree with all of my fellow Board directors, I
generally held most of them in the highest regard.

My first Board meeting was in Tunisia and it lasted all of about 45
minutes, with the Board reading through resolutions with no discussions
and unanimous votes. Well in the three years I served on the Board I saw
much more substantive discussion both during the Board's private and
public sessions. It was unheard of for directors to file dissenting
opinions in connection with certain votes.

Now you are free to say that these changes are meaningless, but having
been on both sides of the fence I can tell you that things are slowly
changing in the right direction. In the coming weeks the Nominating
Committee will have the opportunity to continue that change in a
positive direction. You are free to continue chastising a Board member
who takes the time and effort to read and respond to this list, or
perhaps you can try to engage him in an intelligent dialog and get him
to see a perspective that he/she might not otherwise appreciate.

The choice is yours.

Best regards,

Michael