[ga] President's Startegy Committee

  • To: vint@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] President's Startegy Committee
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 05:28:39 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: twomey@xxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Vint and Paul,

As you know, the ICANN President's Strategy Committee
has now been in existence for six months, and while I
and others have appreciated the opportunity to provide
initial input to the Committee I remain concerned that
we have not been kept abreast of the Committee's
endeavors especially with regards to ICANN Project 5B
in the fiscal year 2006-07 Annual Operating Plan --
that project calls for developing a post-MOU ICANN
model that engages the PSC in discussing inputs and
developing concepts leading to the identification of
the characteristics of a model that satisfy the
requirements of the community and governing bodies.

As we are right on the verge of the post-MOU era, we
have to wonder when the Committee will launch the
consultations to solicit proposals for a post-MoU
model or elements of that model.

Crafting appropriate candidate models will require a
great deal of thought and a major investment of energy
on the part of many in the Community.  It would be
helpful if the PSC could begin to take a leading role
in this matter to better guide our upcoming efforts.

Best wishes,
Danny Younger