Re: [ga] Board Meeting on .biz, .info, .org contracts advanced by one week

> You may be right on the analogy, however, it still seems they are rushing
> this contract through long before it is necessary. Why can't they wait on
> more public comment before taking action. Again, what is the rush?

Let's be honest about calling this a "rush".

ICANN has been negotiating with the relevant parties on this for a
while. (And this was not made public at the time presumably because as
is common when negotiations are on going, people want to keep things
quiet until they have reached some sort of agreement. I.e., nothing
sinister going on here, this is normal practice in the business
world.) Things were made public when both parties were ready. Again,
common business practice.

The board is not considering final approval of the agreement during
today's call. There were many comments received from the public
comment period, and they need to be sorted through. Per the posted
agenda, the board will discuss the input received. Exactly what
happens next obviously depends on that discussion, and it would not be
appropriate or helpful to speculate on what the result of those
discussions might be.

Thomas