Re: [ga] Tiered (Variable) Pricing

 Karl and all,

  Chuck: Karl is right in that registrants deserve and need protection
by their choice of registrars.  Registrars have no score to "support
their TLD, as any registrar should be able to handle a registration
in any TLD name space.

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> Gomes, Chuck wrote:
>
> > Also, this should not be taken as a criticism of registrars.  They have
> > the right to make their own business decisions with respect to what TLDs
> > they want to sell.
>
> Modulo the fact that at the time we became locked-into a given
> registry/TLD we had no real choices (except to refrain from using the
> net) and that thus we are captive customers who deserve protection.
>
> I'm all for allowing businesses to make choices - but some of us aren't
> even being allowed to be in the business at all (e.g. my .ewe TLD or
> IOD's .web).
>
>    At the same time, affected  registries should not be
> > held hostage by registrars who elect not to support their TLD.
>
> My brain may have faded - but how does a registrar hold a registry
> hostage?  (I bet the answer is obvious and I know it and that I'm about
> to have a "I could'a had a V8" moment.)
>
>         --karl--

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827