Re: [ga] Tiered (Variable) Pricing

Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Also, this should not be taken as a criticism of registrars. They have the right to make their own business decisions with respect to what TLDs they want to sell.

Modulo the fact that at the time we became locked-into a given registry/TLD we had no real choices (except to refrain from using the net) and that thus we are captive customers who deserve protection.

I'm all for allowing businesses to make choices - but some of us aren't even being allowed to be in the business at all (e.g. my .ewe TLD or IOD's .web).

At the same time, affected registries should not be
held hostage by registrars who elect not to support their TLD.

My brain may have faded - but how does a registrar hold a registry hostage? (I bet the answer is obvious and I know it and that I'm about to have a "I could'a had a V8" moment.)

	--karl--