RE: [ga] Tiered (Variable) Pricing

  • To: JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Michael D. Palage" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Tiered (Variable) Pricing
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:51:40 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jefsey fill us in here,

JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Michael,
I feel your proposition does not match your vision which is correct.
We agree registrars are a no-industry invented by ICANN to make money
and to initially fund Verisign with the money of the registrars'
shareholders. The correct evolution is for them to become registries.
No problem with that. No problem with them chosing to charge for
their yearly service anything they want and to include for that price
anything the want.

  Major snippage here of that which made sense but what do these beggining and end mean..
  You speak like you are running for political office in New England US?
  How can you say nothining with so many words?

I described the industry autoregulation scenario that proposed tiered
pricing leads to. If ICANN maintains its current proposition or adopt
yours as a compromise, it means Vint Cerf bets on a Google's
Internet, with the resulting opposition it will raise. If they were
to adopt mine (which will necessarily be the solution Big Brother
Google would eventually come with) we may have a chance to keep some
stability during the evolution process and the multilingualisation.

jfc