Re: [ga] Can live without .asia

  • To: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Can live without .asia
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:00:32 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, the ewe and the dog, thing got me flipping the card over fofteen times fer i gots it.
  (trouble therein for a generalized Christian is it must be spelled doG and Lamb)-;
  But To the Point (BTP);

  I already own dotASIA don't i? All I have to do is pay HOA fees and a mortgage.
  Maybe if I hurry i get a condo with a view.
  In less than a year the going rate will be $1.00+ per month and that is free enterprize.

Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  George Kirikos wrote:

> Seeing as no one has commented on the .asia contracts yet, with only 2
> days left,

Why would anyone be interested in a TLD for rather forgettable '70's era
band?

Oh, you mean the geographic region of Asia - is that like the North
America as it exists under ICANN, sans Mexico?

If we're carving up the world along geographic or cultural lines (.cat,
.asia), then I guess we ought to have .pacifica for the region composed
of California (Baja and Alta), Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia.
That represents a chunk of world economic power that is up there in
the top 4 or 5 and has at least as much cultural consistency as does
Asia (whatever one uses for its boundaries.)

What's next, .oz?

Or, better yet, .ewe (and .dog: "The TLD for dyslexics.")

--karl--