Re: [ga] Can live without .asia

George Kirikos wrote:

Seeing as no one has commented on the .asia contracts yet, with only 2
days left,

Why would anyone be interested in a TLD for rather forgettable '70's era band?

Oh, you mean the geographic region of Asia - is that like the North America as it exists under ICANN, sans Mexico?

If we're carving up the world along geographic or cultural lines (.cat, .asia), then I guess we ought to have .pacifica for the region composed of California (Baja and Alta), Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia. That represents a chunk of world economic power that is up there in the top 4 or 5 and has at least as much cultural consistency as does Asia (whatever one uses for its boundaries.)

What's next, .oz?

Or, better yet, .ewe (and .dog: "The TLD for dyslexics.")

		--karl--