Re: [ga] to put an end

  • To: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] to put an end
  • From: Veni Markovski <veni@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:19:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 05:08 PM 10.8.2006 '?.'  -0700, sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Allow me to remind everyone of the words of US Secretary of State
>Stettinius on 26 Dec. 1944:

I am a Bulgarian, born in Macedonia.
My country is the first to have recognized the Republic of Macedonia when it announced independence from Yugoslavia, on Jan. 15, 1992.
I am going to listen to what my Foreign Minister says, not the US Secretary of State. I didn't know that the US Secretary of State is a reliable source of historic information, but it's good you told me so. Now I know.

The arguments between Greece and Macedonia are their problem.

one;  and he even had the effrontery to espouse knowledge of a cultural
identity and history he cannot possibly have any inkling of.

Sotiris,
I know quite a lot about the Republic of Macedonia, its foundation, its culture, its language, its history. I also know a lot about the history of Northern Greece between 1850 - 1944. But I am not a historian, and as far as I know, neither are you, so can we not start an argument with me on that, please? I am not interested in this, this mailing list is not soc.culture.macedonia, and you can take a look at this and comment there, if you want to continue: http://blog.veni.com/?p=90 "Macedonians look for Bulgarian Citizesnship"

veni