Re: [ga] The Future of Domain Registry Pricing, if left uncapped

Karl and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> Veni Markovski wrote:
> > At 01:46 PM 08.8.2006 '?.'  -0700, George Kirikos wrote:
> >> Veni,
>
> > George,
> > Why don't you run for the board, and represent registrants effectively?
>
> Uh, ICANN has not allowed anyone to run for the board since 2000.
>
> ICANN no longer has elections; the internet user has no effective voice
> in ICANN - and I don't consider the "ALAC" to be anything but a bad joke
> - particularly when compared to the red carpet that ICANN rolls out for
> those involved in the domain name business place, big businesses, and
> the intellectual property industry.
>
> Also - once on a board, a board member no longer "represents" anyone,
> but is rather an independent decision maker who must look to the
> interests of the corporation, and in the case of California
> public-benefit corporations (such as ICANN) also to look to the interest
> of the public.
>
>                 --karl--

It has again become clear given Vini's response to George K., that
Veni has no idea what so ever what his responsibilities are as a
ICANN BoD member, nor any history of ICANN of for that
matter a good understanding of some RFC's.  As such my call for
Veni to consider resigining from the ICANN BoD seems more
than reasonable and not at all "Harsh" as Chris has suggested.

"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827