[ga] Fee for disproportionate deletes in proposed .biz contract

  • To: jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Fee for disproportionate deletes in proposed .biz contract
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 08:07:35 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vint@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Jeff,

The proposed .biz contract includes on page 80 the
following statement:  "Fee for disproportionate
deletes during Add Grace Period."

The amount of the fee is not stated nor is there a
definition provided of that which constitutes
"disproportionate".  Can we talk about this?

While I appreciate the proactive measures that you are
taking to deal with the "domain tasting" epidemic, I
remain of the belief that domain name policy issues
are best dealt with on the basis of a community
consensus-development process so that potentially
impacted parties may protect their right to a fair
hearing.  By enacting fees for disproportionate
deletes you will be impacting certain businesses and
registrars that have engaged in the domain tasting
practice.  While I abhor this particular practice, I
am of the view that the rights of these parties must
nonetheless be respected.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Best regards,
Danny Younger