[ga] Next Steps for the GA

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Next Steps for the GA
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:33:17 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your opinion is needed.  There are a number of
simultaneous activites than can engage the interest of
the GA; we should probably decide which of the
following merits our close attention:

1.   The upcoming GNSO Review (mandated by the bylaws)

2.  There is a public comment period on the Initial
Report produced by the ICANN Staff Manager in response
to preliminary input on the New gTLDs PDP, and there
will be an opportunity for comments following the
Staff Manager's Final Report

3.  There will soon be a new public comment period on
policy development for existing TLDs -- draft terms of
reference may be found at
http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/council/msg02122.html

4.  There will soon be an Issues Report released on
IDNs (with a subsequent public comment period if the
GNSO approves moving forward on a policy development
initiative)

The GA can make a significant contribution in any or
all of these areas, but I believe that our interests
would best be served by focusing on one area wherein
we can structure a discussion and provide substantive
guidance.

What topic(s) shall we tackle?