[ga] The GNSO Review has Started

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] The GNSO Review has Started
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 05:13:05 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>From the Council list:

"Later today a press release will be issued and a
posting to the ICANN website will announce that the
London School of Economics' Public Policy Group has
been chosen by the ICANN Board to conduct the Review.

The Review team, lead by Professor Patrick Dunleavy,
have begun their work and will be in touch with
Constituency Chairs seeking the assistance of
constituency members in responding to the Review.

A key element of the Review will be an online survey
which will be launched later this week. In addition,
face to face interviews and sessions will be conducted
by the Review team at the Wellington meetings."

Please note:  due to the stupid software used on this
list the email addresses of the Review Team leaders
Simon J. Bastow and Jane Tinkler are unknown at this
time (the usual somebody[at]xxxxxxxxxx nonsense), but
I will endeavor to secure those addresses from ICANN
Staff.

As members of this list have long been shut out from
representation within the GNSO, I think that we would
have a few words to share with the Reviewers.  I look
forward to a GA contribution on how to best
reform/replace the GNSO.