Re: [ga] Fictitious Registrars, Racketeering & ICANN

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Fictitious Registrars, Racketeering & ICANN
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 06:43:18 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric,

While 20 million deleted .com names can give you a
macro perspective, sometimes there is value in the
micro perspective.  Have a look at these domains:

hondaridersclub.com
americanexpresso.com
aposia.com
transameric.com
yahho.com

Karl Auerbach wrote a nice piece in his blog
(proposing a solution to this problem) -- see
http://www.cavebear.com/cbblog-archives/000231.html

http://forum.icann.org/lists/whois-comments/msg00030.html