Re: [ga] IAB Exonerates Jefsey Morfin

  • To: JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] IAB Exonerates Jefsey Morfin
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:05:31 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I met this man named Morfin in Melbourne some time ago. I do not always agree with him. But he is an honorable man and he holds some very good values as self evident. I do not care that he was exonerated. I care that he stood up and his beliefs were counted. In my humble opinion we should honor him. Thankyou for not backing down.

  Dr. Eric Dierker

JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  At 16:42 08/02/2006, Danny Younger wrote:
> >From the Ruling:
>
>"The IAB found that the response provided by the IESG
>in this action did not provide sufficient
>justification to sustain the banning of Mr. Morfin
>from the ietf-languages mailing list. In particular,
>while the IAB agrees with the IESG that no specific
>mailing list process RFCs directly apply in this case,
>its response is not sufficiently clear why RFC 3934 is
>considered applicable "by analogy". Further, it is
>also unclear from the IESG's response what the scope
>of applicability of RFC 3934 might be, or when other
>process RFCs might be applied "by analogy". Therefore,
>the IESG's action does not meet the clear and public
>requirement outlined above and the IAB annuls the
>IESG's decision in this appeal and sends the matter
>back to the IESG for resolution."
>
>http://www.iab.org/appeals/2006-01-31-jefsey-response.html
>
>Congratulations to Jefsey for prevailing in this matter.

In fact this is a small part of a long battle wich will change the
whole Internet and computer industry architecture and business model.
The emergence today of my 1985 business area. The "extended
services", to the networked content and to the people intellect. I
oppose a commercial vision of the world shaped by a Key RFC
co-signed and co-applied by Google and Yahoo!. And may be co-operated
through a co-own IANA. Together with the other members of their top
stakeholders consortium. After ICANN closes shop and the IANA is
possibly operated by them. Vint Cerf buying back the IANA in October?
Who knows?

The Internet eventually needs some money to operate. That money will
come from commercial informations pourred into categorized receiving
brains. The human mass profiling on cultural, racial, religious
criteria as well as economical, national, political, societal, etc.
calls for precise elements to sort the prospects in finely tuned
groups of prospects. This is under completion at the IETF WG-LTRU
mainling list. The standardization of the description of our
"purchaising soul", so we can be traded by these two big wholsales centers.

I am alone to oppose this. Step by step, painstakingly, I win. I do
not win on them. I win for us to be authorized to survive without
falling into their trap. If we want. Without hopefully balkinizing
the US Internet. Amazing: billions at stake. And M$ has not seen it:
they initiated it and went away!
jfc