Re: [ga] On Individual Representation

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] On Individual Representation
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 02:00:42 -0800
  • Cc: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "vinton g. cerf" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Vint has harbored these Byzantine ideas for many years.  Of course, such

closely held ideas are fine, but at least inappropriate if not
intentionally
damaging in many ways for many stakeholders/users unnecessarily and
unjustly when applied so broadly.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    Revolution, evolution and the solution.
>
>   The theory being that until the populace has organized themselves,
> they are not yet ready to participate. This concept is intended to
> portray the thought that it must be an educated well informed populace
> before voting on an individual basis is productive. It does not mean
> that only organizations can vote. As a matter of fact, quite the
> opposite. ALAC took part of an idea and then twisted it to their own
> means, i think evil means is probably appropriate, in that clearly it
> was meant to preserve the power in themselves and deny rights to those
> entitled.
>
>   Well we have quite a different matter here in any event. Here the
> populace is educated and informed already. The structure is in place
> already. Security is in place already. The original organizations are
> disbanded. We are not evolving toward a more democratic process but
> being stripped of it. There have already been elections and now they
> are no more.
>
>   The bottom line point is; There is absolutely no reason at this
> stage in the ICANN evolution to require organizations to represent
> individuals. It is at best intellectual fraud.

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827