Re: [ga] Re: On new TLDs

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, kidsearch wrote:

My concern was that there might be a TLD land rush to grab up all viable
tlds similar to what we see for the rush to register all the best generic
domain names at the launch of a new tld.

That's why the method of allocation that I (and others) propose is for N TLD slots to be made available per year (or whatever other unit of time might be convenient.)

I've suggested 10,000/year - most people shy away from that.

I've reduced that 40 fold to 250/year (or 1 per business day).

Personally I'd allow an inrush of some multiple of the yearly allocation to accomodate the fact that ICANN has sat on new TLDs for the better part of a decade.

		--karl--