Re: [ga] Re: On new TLDs

  • To: "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, "Karl Auerbach" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: On new TLDs
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:03:50 -0500
  • Cc: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny, you bring up this point; Does ICANN currently have in place a plan to
deal with registry business/financial failure?

Why is that failure any different than any other business failure, such as a
phone company going belly up or a utility company folding?

What I'm saying is, a registry failing is not the end of the world. Either
another business would or could buy them out or it's turned into bankruptcy
with the usual procedures already in place for that.

I'm asking for an explanation here. Why is this any different?

Chris McElroy, President,
Kidsearch Network
http://www.KidsearchNetwork.org
http://www.MissingChildrenBlog.com